Wednesday, September 29, 2010

WOW! we made it out for a few hours!

I managed to get out this morning with a very good friend of mine, Robin. Her daughter is 1 day older then Dexter and we've been hanging around since the kids were 5 weeks old! She was my savior when we were on mat leave...i don't drive and she couldn't stand to stay home. we had so much fun we did so much stuff, swimming at the YMCA, apple picking, parent and tot sing alongs, not to mention all the walks and trips to the playground and lunches together. when she went back to work I was more upset then she was, and she was leaving her daughter (for 8 hours a day). I proved to Robin today that I don't get out enough. we went to chapters they have a new section for kids that's huge with toys and activities for them. While the kids were off causing mayhem, I got to stroll off to check out the book selection. OMG! they have Handy Manny books and Yo Gabba Gabba books and of course all the Thomas the train stuff you could imagine, but also Chuggington figurines (which I bought 3 for Dex, xmas shopping has official begun!). I was so amazed and Robin looked at me and said matter-of-factly "what they have books about the shows on TV that kids watch!?!?!" I was stupefied, I didn't know what to say...yeah I guess I haven't been out in awhile, LOL! anyways the kids were amazing so we treated them to a McDonald's lunch and a good 20 mins in the play area. now my boys are napping...AAHHHHH! I'm gonna sit back and enjoy my Tim Horton's coffee and relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment